Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Thoughts

My kids are always in my thoughts.  Always.  But things have been extra tender since Friday's shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary.  I just couldn't imagine.  So in the middle of the night when Sophie is awake for 2 1/2 hours crying or wanting to cuddle, I cry or cuddle with her.  I am so grateful that I am up in the middle of the night because that means I have a baby to be up with.  I am so grateful for the little 3-year-old who wakes me up in the morning without nearly enough sleep because that means that she is here with me.  Nobody knows what is going to happen next week, tomorrow, or in the next 5 minutes so I am trying to take advantage of every second I have with them, even if it means watching My Little Pony while I blog or playing Barbies while I try to feed a baby.

Morgan and Sophie, I love you both so much.  You are my heart.

No comments: