Thursday, December 20, 2012

Just Planning A Wedding

Remember the part in Father of the Bride where the daughter tells the dad that she's getting married and he imagines it's his little girl telling him?  Yesterday as Morgan and I were driving home she said, "you're married, huh mom?"  I told her that yes, daddy and I are married.  Then she said, "I"m going to marry Jace... or Ransom."  (Jace from gymnastics or Ransom from school -- she likes to put on makeup and show both of them).  I asked her what she was going to do when she's married.  She thought for a second and replied, "just a pink dress and pink shoes."

I am so lucky to be this girl's mommy!  And one day (in like 23 years) I will be the proudest mom when she gets married.

These pictures are of the first time she pretended to be getting married (right after we moved back to Utah).  She had just picked the flowers in our landscaping and had a dirty face.  It makes me want to cry thinking about how grown up she is becoming.
Photo

Photo

2 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

Too cute!

Lolo said...

Kelli, she is a doll. Both of your girls are! I haven't blogged forever, but I am now catching up. I hope life is awesome for you guys and that this New Year treats you all well!