Friday, April 6, 2012

Big Rich News

I honestly think anything in life can relate to a Friends episode... so remember that Friends episode when Monica and Chandler go to the hospital to get their baby and it turns out to be twins?  Remember how the birth mother says, "they talked about two heartbeats, I just thought they were talking about mine and the baby's," (or something like that)?

Well, to preface the rest of this, after a long time of trying and finally a low dose of Clomid, we are going to have another baby!  Yay!  I'm seven weeks along.  I know it is super early to tell everyone, but if something happens I would probably blog about it anyway so I'm just going to let the cat out of the bag.

We went in for our first ultrasound today to make sure there was a heartbeat.  There was.  In fact, there were two heartbeats and that DOESN'T include mine!

(not my ultrasound picture, but similar)

I don't feel great physically.  I would rather lie in bed all day than do anything, hence the reason I have not posted anything on my blog or done any projects in forever.  

Baby A's heart rate was normal at 132bpm but Baby B's heart rate was low at 109bpm.  The doctor said there is an 85% chance that they will both make it to 12 weeks but he is a little worried about baby B, which obviously makes me nervous.  There is nothing I can do though so we'll wait and go back to check on them in a week and a half.  

So there it is.  Our big news.  Thanks to everyone who sent fertility vibes and prayers our way.  Now if the babies could get some of those prayers I would really appreciate it!  Thank you!

11 comments:

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

What??!!! Congratulations!! Just today I was wondering where you have been...probably sick! That is so exciting! We will keep you and the babies in our prayers!

The Parker Family said...

Congrats Kelli our prayers r with u and both babies

Brittney said...

OH MY GOSH!!! I can't believe I didn't get a text or a call about this! How crazy and how exciting!! We'll keep you in our prayers, LOVE YOU!!!!

The Knudsen Family said...

wow that is great. congratulations. i hope you get feeling better soon and that everything goes well. i will definitely keep you in my prayers

Susanna said...

Congrats Kelli!! I hope that everything goes well that is wonderful news!!

carrie said...

Awesome Kelli! I really hope both babies make it. I will pray for you and the babies for sure! I hope you get feeling better.

Britney said...

AHH! I am so excited for you! And shocked! Best wishes for 2 healthy babes :) You and the babies are in our prayers. Love you!

ericksonzone said...

Kelli! (I still think of you as Nielsen) That is so exciting! Two babies! That's what we got on baby #3 & 4 - two little black dots on the screen. Now mine are four years old! Amazing that I survived. :) The first six weeks after were CRAZY! Things that helped - two places to put the babies at the same time, bouncers worked great for me and bumbos. We kept them in the same bed until about 6-9 months or so and on the same sleeping/eating schedule so you don't feel like you're doing that all day. Look into these amazing bottles if you decide on bottle feeding-podee-you can feed them both at the same time with these when they get to about two months old. They have a straw that attaches to the nipple and the bottle. Anyway, look them up on amazon...they saved my life when I had to start doing baby duty all by myself again. A double baby stroller, or snap-n-go stroller, is heavenly so that you can get out with those two babes.

Twins really is a fun experience. You'll be surprised by the number of people you'll now run into or hear about that have twins...or even the number of people that will say they always wanted to have them and didn't. It's so funny!

Two babies growing in there is wiping you out I'm sure...can't wait to follow along on your baby journey and we'll be praying for you and both of the babies. :)

Unknown said...

I have just found this blog and want to say congratulations to you! I hope both of your babies make it :)

Andrea said...

Congrats Kelli! And Tom and Morgan! So exciting for you all! Hope everything goes well! We'll be praying for you!

Anonymous said...

Wasn't it Phoebe who had twins and was confused about the heartbeats? Congrats, sis. We'll keep you and your babies in our prayers.

Nick