Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Curve Ball


So we are completely under contract with the house I posted yesterday.  But there is now a curve ball.  We may have the opportunity to buy back our old house for $25k less than we sold it (and it is worth about $20k more than that with the market appreciating).

There is a price difference in the two houses, but we could afford either.  I am at a loss as to what to do.  I love our old house.  I love my friends there and how close it is to the freeway, water park, and pretty much everything -- but it is far enough away from everything too.  

I would paint inside for sure, so I would get to "fix up" a house either way.  The other one is closer to family and most shopping.  And although the price difference is not a problem, it is nice to save more money every month.  Our old house has more potential for value (from an investment standpoint).  

What would you do?  Help!?




No comments: