Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hello Neglected Blog

Oh, wow, have I been busy.  Clearly, no reason to not write in my family blog, but the excuse I am using because that's what everyone says when they don't do something.  Which brings to mind a Wonder Pets song, which leads me to talk about my life.

I'm sitting on the floor of our bathroom while Morgan takes a bath (usually the first "me time" of the day).  Tom was unexpectedly asked to accompany his boss on a business trip to Canada -- like, I found out last night and he left this morning.  I would normally have no problem with this last minute trip but I had a makeup appointment at Macy's today (I've had it for a month) and Tom was supposed to watch Morgan and I was supposed to get my makeup done and walk around the mall by myself.  Instead, I imposed on my friend who I'm sure had plenty of Saturday things to do and I went to the appointment and home after (with a short stop at Jo Ann's in which I did not purchase anything but I did feel overly made up with my smokey eyes -- I'm sure it was intimidating for the other shoppers).  And to this point Morgan and I have watched three movies, taken a nap, and I have probably eaten a quarter gallon of chocolate ice cream and a box of See's chocolates.  I don't even like chocolate ice cream.

All that health and TV watching aside, Morgan is lots of fun.  She has been singing Christmas songs for two months (doesn't she know it's over?!).  Some of my favorites are Rockin Around the Christmas Tree (how does she even know that one?), Jingle Bells ("Oh wha pah it is to ride"), and Frosty the Snowman ("was a jolly happy snow").  She also loves the Wonder Pets opening song and has memorized the episode, Wonderland (which really may be called something else, but that's what we call it).

As long as I'm on the subject of how much TV (movies/Netflix) we watch, I love it when Morgan warns Ariel that the shark is coming and when she tells me that Ariel is crying when she sees Eric with Ursula in the lady's body.

Moving on.  M started dance class a couple of weeks ago.  I think she loves it.  She's in the 3-4 year old class (even though she's 2) and talks more than anyone else there.  I'm not bragging because I didn't say she speaks better than the other kids.  I don't know that.  I just said she talks more.  That's her.  Not shy at all.  She loves putting on her ballet outfit and being a ballerina.  I wish she would let me take pictures of her.  Here are the best I got.




I have been doing things like editing a mining video (10 hours -- ask me anything about mining), making business cards (and I finally just had Tom's brother remake them), and creating a website for my business www.homestagingidaho.com.  Let me know what you think.  Oh, you don't think that giant picture with the ocean in the background is great for home staging in IDAHO?  Well, that brings me to my next point that maybe Oregon just shouldn't be there.  Then that picture would work out perfectly.

Tom's been working.  The end.

Now I feel like I sent out a Christmas card.

Well, I get to go watch another movie and let my girlie sleep in my bed with me.  I love cuddling that little mini human.  And she LOVES sleeping in mommy's bed.

2 comments:

Amber said...

That is one cute ballerina!!

And I've never had my make up done by someone else. I want to though. It seems awesome.

kobe said...

good blog, special thoughts