Sunday, January 1, 2012

Goals for 2012

Happy New Year!!!  We celebrated at 7pm with Tom's sister's family and some friends.  We watched Sydney, Australia ring in the new year on Youtube then Tom and I had a little "celebration" of our own later (which means we went over our budget and goals for the year -- ha!)


Last year I made some goals for the new year and now it is time to own up to them.


1. Read the Bible.  I didn't do so well with that one.  I got to Numbers in February and guess what, I'm still in Numbers.  I did, however, read the entire Book of Mormon in one month so that helps make up for not finishing the Bible.

2. Get published.  It didn't happen yet but I did have two publishers ask for a resubmission.  I resubmitted and one declined. I'm still waiting on the other.  We'll see.

3. Lose 10-15 pounds.  Well, I lost 8.  Then I gained 4.  So hey, there's a net loss of 4 pounds.  Not a goal reached, but not too shabby.  

4. Coupon and donate.  It's hard to say how well I did with this.  I did a lot of couponing the first half of the year.  I got at least $100 in pads for free and I'm donating them but it was really a hassle to keep track of everything, especially with the move.  So I did do it, but I don't think I would do this goal again.

5. Limit T.V. watching to one show per day for me and one for Tom.  This worked well, especially after the move because we put our T.V. upstairs in the theater room so we are not tempted to watch during dinner or just randomly.  We generally watch one Netflix show per night.  We don't have cable, satellite, or really any free T.V. channels that work.



Here are our 2012 goals, assuming the world doesn't end before the year is up (see Mayan calendar).  A lot of mine are business related and might bore you, but I needed to write them down.  Also, some of mine are ours and some of Tom's are ours but I didn't want to make it too complicated.


Kelli’s Goals
Finish putting together client's video by January 5th.
Record webinar for home staging training - January 20th.
Find commission salesperson for Home Staging Idaho - January 31st.
Get affiliates for How To Make Hair Bows -- Invite bloggers by January 7th (if you blog and want to be an affiliate to earn extra cash, let me know).
Make money blogging -- ads, affiliates, etc.
Set up a coat drive for charity -- encourage people to buy coats on clearance in the early spring.  
Finish Bible.
Read from BOM in Spanish.
Resubmit book if not accepted by publisher by March.
Read with Morgan every day.
Foster/adopt/have baby. Something to do with a baby in my house.
If pregnant, gain less than 40 pounds (20 would be ideal).


Tom’s goals
Gym at 9pm 4x per week.
$---k range (he knows what that is -- just shouldn't be made public).
Practice Chinese -- movies/lessons/China.
Go to temple 2 x at least.
Daddy daughter date 1 x per week.

No comments: