Sunday, September 25, 2011

My Loves

We moved to this place called Hidden Springs.  It's a part of Boise that is over the hill from the city so it seems like we are in the country (because we ARE).  This place is like Mayberry meets Stepford meets The Truman Show.  It's kind of great in an eerie sort of way.  There is one store called The Mercantile and the next store is five miles away back over the hill.  When we first came to look at the house we are now living in I saw one of the neighbor women walk out of her house with an apron on playing with her 2.5 kids.  It was very stereotypical.  

Anyway, we live just down the street from the community barn and old homestead where a bunch of chickens live so we walk there every evening when the temperature has cooled off a bit (we're still hitting the 90's).  I decided to learn how to use Tom's nice camera with manual settings and all that jazz.  The first time I took it was not successful.  Let's just say I needed a tripod.  Badly.  This is the best picture I got...

Today we went and it was a lot brighter so I got some better ones.  Here are my loves blowing on a "baby flower," or dandelion, as it is known to most of you.
 

Morgan is so curious and checks out everything.  It is great and frustrating at the same time, but I'd rather have it this way.


No matter where we are, she is ALWAYS running away from us.  Always running.  That's my girl.

3 comments:

Ogden Family said...

We looked at that area for a home and had that same feeling! It was strangely like Leave It To Beaver. (: I'm glad that you are enjoying it though, but we miss you out here in Meridian seeing you at Stake activities.

Have a good week.
Heather

Michelle said...

ohhhh thats a good spot for pics!!
what a weirdi neighborhood... i mean. they just dont deserve you!
i missed you terribly in aerobics today.. :)

ericksonzone said...

Sounds like a great place. I just love the story of how you sold your house. Amazing! Way to go debt free!