Thursday, August 26, 2010

Prison Visit

A couple of weeks ago I had the opportunity to go with some friends to Solitude to stay in a condo for a couple of nights. Tom had to work so we decided to take Morgan to my mom's house for her first sleepover at grandma's without mom. She did great! She didn't even cry when I left her in their car with them. It was a fun break for me and fun for my family to have Morgan to themselves.

They took Morgan to Idaho on Saturday and I came back separately. They stayed for a few days and we got to do some fun things.
The first night we roasted marshmallows in our back yard and made s'mores. That's my kind of camping, by the way.On Monday we had lunch at Donnie Mac's Trailer Park Cuisine where I ordered Morgan her first root beer. I had it all planned out that we would never order mac and cheese, chicken nuggets or soda for her at a restaurant but guess what we ordered for her... mac and cheese and root beer.After lunch we went to the Old State Penitentiary where prisoners were housed from the 1800's to the 1970's. It was interesting and I'm glad we went while we live here.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like a fun visit. That is always hard when you cave for the first time and give them soda. But it usually happens eventually. Boston always asks me if he can have a coke because once my dad shared his at the movie and he thinks that is his kind of drink.