Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Morganisms

  • Each new phase with Morgan is better than the last. Her personality is really developing and I think she is going to be quite the girly girl. She loves pretending to put on makeup and to brush her hair.
  • She did her hair in this picture (put the headband in). I was very proud.
  • We have been reading books to help her learn what the names of things are. In one of them there is a red apple. Well, one morning when Tom was packing an apple for lunch, Morgan saw him and said, "bapple." Tom was so proud of her that he rewarded her with the apple, which she munched on all day and ended up eating about half of it.
  • She is a picky eater right now but when she finds something she likes, she wants to get everything on the plate. I think this one happened to be hot dog juice and grease. Mmmm.
  • I bought an episode of Barney at a garage sale and she LOVES it. Whenever I ask her if she wants to watch Barney she smiles and squeals (I never thought I would watch Barney but when it makes her so excited I can't help it). In this picture she decided she wanted to relax in the pillows to watch her show.
  • Yesterday I took her to my exercise class and she watched us do sprints after the teacher said "ready, set, go." Later in the day we watched her say "ray, se, go" and start running. It was so so cute. She also says "go" when she wants me to spray her with water, swing while we're walking, or pretty much anything else fun.
  • I love getting hugs from this little girl. When we ask for a hug a lot of times she will say, "mmmm," and rest her head on our shoulder. Sometimes she surprises us with hugs from the back while we are sitting down. She will come up behind us and put her arms around us.
  • She can make sounds for animals. Cow - boo, sometimes moo. Horse - neigh, neigh, neigh. Kitty cat - meow. Dog - she puts her tongue down her chin and starts panting.
  • She smells things. When we smell the lavender bushes in our front yard she sniffs and says, "mmmm," like it smells really good.
  • She also says "mmmm" when she tastes something really yummy.
  • Lately she has been taking the best naps. Until now they were about 45 minutes, twice a day. Now she'll sometimes take two two hour naps. Yesterday she took one long 3 to 4 hour nap. It is wonderful!
  • She almost always sleeps through the night and when she doesn't it is usually because she lost her Binky so one of us will go to her room and put it back in her mouth. One night I couldn't find it so I picked her up and said, "where's your Binky?" She just said, "ginky."


No comments: