Saturday, August 21, 2010

It's Always Fun When Nana Comes

We had so much fun when Nana came for the weekend at the end of July. We went to downtown Boise to try to go to a Basque festival. After an hour of walking around where it was supposed to be, someone told us that it was at the fair grounds that day but was at the place downtown for the rest of the week. We went to the fairgrounds, paid $5 each, then realized that the lines for food were so long we would starve if we didn't die of heat exhaustion first so we got our money back and went to the Mexican restaurant across the street.
I only took a couple of pictures but we had fun swimming, talking and shopping. Nana helped us pick out a coffee table for our sitting room.

Morgan loved having her here (so did Tom and I) and we can't wait until next time.
Someone asked me if it's degrading to have my kid on a leash. To which I answered that I'd rather have a kid on a leash than a kid running in the street and hit by a car or kidnapped. She doesn't want to be held all the time and it gives her some freedom.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

I don't find it degrading. I am with you. If they don't want to be in a stroller you definetly need something to keep track of them. I was lucky, my boys liked to ride in their stroller until they were at least 3 or maybe older so I never bought one. But it did cross my mind a time or two.