Monday, May 11, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

Morgan turned two weeks last Friday. Her milestones are yellow poop, laughing in her sleep, eye contact (sometimes), sleeping for short periods in her bassinet, and, I think, recognizing her mommy.

She and Tom are buddies. He is already wrapped around her little finger.

Morgan sleeps very well in her swing (thanks Robb and Shell). I would put her in it at night but I want her to get used to her bassinet, then we'll transition to a crib.

We had some friends over yesterday for Mother's Day. We got a new bar-b-que grill (supposedly for Father's Day, but we'll see) so we wanted to try it out. It was awesome.

Anyway, here are a couple of cute pictures of Morgan with Carter and Brooklyn. Brooklyn was so cute with her. She kept touching her arm and her little toes.

Some other friends were going to come but couldn't find our house. Our phones were in our room so we didn't answer. Sorry again Tasha! Later on, Tasha did come over to see Morgan and bring her little baby, Kade. He is adorable. He was born prematurely and was in the NICU for a couple of weeks. He is getting big though and tops the scales at 9 pounds, making Morgan look tiny.

We took her to church yesterday for one hour. Some of the women thought we were crazy for taking her so soon. Honestly, I don't really know what is normal because this is my first time to be a mom. I feel fine though and she is doing well so we figured an hour at church wouldn't hurt. I ended up spending half of it in the mother's lounge feeding her. I did make it out for the mothers' gifts at the end of the program. My first time to get one that wasn't a sympathy gift!

Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mothers out there! I hope you had a great day.

We're really excited for our new ward. It is smaller that we're used to but the people are awesome. The Relief Society president is super cool. She is the type that is young and vivacious and claims that she never thought she'd be Relief Society president because she tried to live just below that line. I'm excited.

Here is a picture of Tom and Morgan playing and another of them resting.

P.S. We are going to be blessing her in Leamington (Utah, near Delta) on Father's Day. Sacrament always starts at 11:50 there. If you will be in the area, you are invited.

2 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Isn't it fun on your first Mother's Day. She is adorable. Swings are the greatest invention. I don't think I could have survived the first couple months with my boys if I hadn't had a swing for both of them. That was the only way they would go back to sleep after their 4 am feeding. I hope you are doing good and enjoying being a new mother.

amber said...

Happy Mother's Day to you! We all had so much fun going over to your new house and seeing such a cute adorable baby!!! Thanks for having us over......I am still so amazed out how fast you have bounced back and look so dang good after just having a baby!!!! Can you give me some of that (whatever it is) after I have my baby. It takes me seriously 6 months to start to feel normal, and you make it look like a breeze. Now that you're home we need to get together whenever you feel up to it. We aren't that far away from each other :)