Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Family Cars

Tom and I have been saving our money for a while so that we could both get new cars without taking out loans for them. After two years of looking for a car to replace my 1999 Pontiac Grand AM with almost 140k miles, I finally found it. I swear I test drove everything in Boise but the car that I chose is a black 2007 Suzuki XL7 -- definately a mommy car but I absolutely love it!

It was both a sad and happy time for Tom late last month when he traded in his fun car for his family car. He found a 2006 Acura TSX (also black) with only 3700 miles so it is pretty much new for the price of used!
He misses his little Audi with all wheel drive. I know he'll miss it in the summer when he can't put the top down on the Acura but hopefully he will be too excited to have a daughter to think about it.
Thanks Tom for all the wheeling-and-dealing that was done while I hid in the bathroom to avoid confrontation with the salesmen.

2 comments:

Angii said...

You crack me up. Hiding in the bathroom??? lol

The Knudsen Family said...

Those look like really nice cars. Yeah you do have to break down and buy the mommy care eventually.