Friday, January 2, 2009

It really is a girl!

I love rescheduled ultrasounds! Today Tom and I got to see the baby again. The doctor wanted to see a few more things that they couldn't see the last time.

To make a good day even better, there was absolutely nobody in the waiting room when we got there. The baby was moving like crazy but they were able to see the heart, lips, profile, and finally a 90% sure gender. At first SHE was hiding again. This time she was sitting Indian-style so her feet were covering her pelvis. The tech had me move around enough to get her to squirm and move. She saw the tale-tale three lines and never saw an additional stick-like bump. That is how she got the 90% conclusion. By the end, Tom said, "well, I hope it is a girl because if it's a boy, he'll have a rough time in the locker room."

I really really loved seeing my little girl (if it turns out to be a boy I'll have to change this post). She is SO cute! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to be a mom. Sure, I'm starting to ache when I sleep and exercise... and just sit there, but seeing her is worth it. I can't wait for May!

6 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

That is so exciting. Now you can feel like you can really start buying stuff for her. Yeah for you. Congrats on the girl.

Robins Family said...

Kelli I am so excited for you! Either you need to post some belly pics or we need to get together! Hope you are feeling good (I know all about the aches and pains ugh).

carrie said...

Yeah! Girls are so fun, you are going to have a blast buying all the girly things. I actually have already started buying baby girl clothes for the next girl (Hopefully I get another one!) I really can't help myself their stuff is so much cuter! Congrats! Bring on the pink!

Natalie said...

I'm so so happy for you, friend!! Girls rock and are the funnest :)

Brittney said...

:O I can't believe you didn't call me! I'm so excited, our baby girls will just be 6 months apart, they will be the best of friends!! Congrats!

The Parker Family said...

we're exited for you kelli. congrats.