Monday, February 21, 2011

So Are The Days Of Our Lives

I went to the dentist today and they had a TV with closed caption so I could watch and read and get my teeth cleaned at the same time. I sat down sometime just after 1:00 and NBC was on. That means that Days of Our Lives was the featured show. Now, I don't normally watch Days (or any other daytime TV), but I sure used to. When I was in high school I was a Days addict. I mean, I still get a little nostalgic when I hear about John and Marlena.

Anyway, back to the point. Days today. So, Stephano had some dude locked up in the dungeon in the basement of his house and I thought, "Really? I think someone was locked in the basement dungeon when I stopped watching in 1998." If you were the Salem P.D., wouldn't the first place you ever checked for a missing person be Stephano's basement dungeon? Because it's not a secret. And wouldn't you just do a random check once in a while just to make sure he didn't hire a look-alike to pose as the person he kidnapped? Because how often has that happened, people of Salem? I'm just saying.

Disclaimer -- I'm not serious. I completely understand that Days of Our Lives is a fictional soap opera. This post is only meant for the amusement of people who understand it.

3 comments:

The Knudsen Family said...

Too funny. I don't ever watch either these day but I do remember those days of borrowing your recorded copies of Days at the end of the week. I totally get ya on the basement thing. I remember when it was Hope trapped there at some point. Always fun to escape in those crazy worlds every now and then.

Ogden Family said...

Hilarious! I used to dabble in a little "Days" myself. I think Stephano has died a few times and has returned mystically somehow. I always thought Bo was soooo dreamy (: Good ole times.
Heather

Susanna said...

Remember when Marlena was possessed by the devil? Good ol' Days!