Monday, January 4, 2010

Resolutions

This year I have decided to have trackable goals for my resolutions (instead of just trying to be better at something). We had such a blessed 2009 that it made me think of ways to help other people in 2010. To start that charity resolution we are going to purchase a whole bunch of winter coats when they go on clearance in the spring so we can donate them next winter. It would be super if anyone reading this did it too. Hey, if every reader bought one coat to donate, that would be like 3 coats! Think about it... three warm, happy kids next Christmas. No really, we could all help a bunch of people at a minimal cost. Its all in the planning. I bought Morgan a heavy winter coat on clearance last year for $10. So anyway, WINTER COATS EVERYONE!!!

My fitness resolution is to do the Ironman 70.3 but I already blogged about that. I don't have to make any weight loss or body fat goals because that should all come with the training of this monster.

For my monetary resolution I want to start a business. I've talked with my partner already and we are going to make bow making videos. Who knows if we'll make money, but I need to follow through with it. So let it be written... so let it be done.

My spiritual resolution... hmm... be on time for church is a good one. I should probably read the Book of Mormon too since I don't think I've finished it since my mission (but boy do I have 1st Nephi down).

Tom and I have been going on dates once a week and I think for my relationship resolution I will resolve to continue with that.

My travel resolution (I could think of a resolution for any category) would be to either get another stamp on my passport or to do an Alaskan cruise.

Well, I think that about covers it. Don't forget your clearance coat to donate next year.

3 comments:

Amber said...

holy cow... you have 3 readers?!! i wish i did :)

jamie @ [kreyv] said...

I love the idea about the coats! Thanks for the idea. You've inspired me! By the way, love the pic in your header!

The Knudsen Family said...

That is such a good idea with the coats. I will have to keeep my eye out for a deal. Those sound like some good goal. Good for you. I am kind of a slacker, I never set goals because I know I won't do any of them.