Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Arrr!

Right after my aunts left, we hopped on a plane and went to Las Vegas. Tom had a company seminar at Pirates Cove (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xgbs0NYe27A&NR=1) until Thursday, then it turned into a company party through the weekend. Morgan did really well on the plane. She slept the whole time.

I got to see a couple of my good friends, Kelly and Kim. Kelly brought her boys to Pirates Cove and we played on the water slide and in the pool. Kim brought her hubby and did the same thing in the adult pool.

One night everyone was playing in the water (except me and a few other girls) and we suddenly smelled what I thought was a motor burning up or melting plastic. We searched for a few minutes in the wrong area. Finally we noticed smoke coming from under the slide. I guess that one of the fiber optic lights caused an electrical fire but the guys were able to get it out without missing a turn on the slide.

Morgan went swimming for the first time! Her daddy even took her down the slide. She seemed to like the water but she didn't play much in it. She did kick and splash a couple of times.




Morgan also laughed for the first time. I was playing with her one night and she did a cute little giggle. Then Tom took her and she giggled for him. She hasn't done it since, but I think we're on the right track. I was starting to wonder if we're not funny enough for her.

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

It was so good to see you. Thanks for inviting us out to swim. The boys had so much fun. They are still talking about the pirates.