Friday, December 2, 2011

Disney Cruise Pirates Video

I was going to do a few posts about our vacation but to be honest, I'm not a huge fan of reading vacation posts.  I know they're mostly written for the memories and for grandparents, so something must be said.  Instead of a big long post with hundreds of pictures, I made this one minute video of our Disney cruise.


And here are my top 10 most memorable things that happened:

1. Morgan told me, "I'm not a child."
2. My sister-in-law rented a cabana on Castaway Cay and we were lucky enough to hang out there with them (and the other rich people).
3. Cinderella taught Morgan how to wave and curtsy like a princess.
4. Tom and I watched The Help in the theater.  It was my second time and I cried more than I did the first time.
5. I lost my passport before the trip and found out that you all you really need are your drivers license and a birth certificate.
6. Every ten minutes I thought of scenarios on how to save Morgan if she fell off the ship.
7. I ate less on this cruise than I have on any other cruise.  I even only had one lobster on lobster night, and I didn't even finish it!
8. I ran a 5k on Castaway Cay with about 20 other people (out of 2,000) and got a free Disney water bottle later that night -- a total surprise.
9. Always. Bring. Ear plugs. Snoring. Aaaahhhh!
10. I have the coolest in-laws in the world.

Excursions:

Grand Cayman: We took a small boat out to swim with sting rays.  Morgan loved it because she actually got to swim (she couldn't on the ship because she wasn't potty trained).  She was a little scared of the sting rays though.

Cozumel: We rented a Jeep and a driver.  The seat belts were all broken!  We were able to see the island and I would definitely go back and stay a while.  We also searched for vanilla for like 2 hours.  I'm not kidding.  Tom is sometimes all about perfection, and this vanilla search was very important.  And I was totally annoyed after 30 minutes.  But I got a very pretty ring that looks like Princess Dianna/Kate's wedding ring.  It's the most I've ever spent on jewelry (which means it cost more than $10.  Bahahah!).

1 comment:

The Knudsen Family said...

That sounds like such a good time. Loved the little movie. Morgan looked so happy in all the pics and like she had a blast. I am glad that you had fun and didn't have any trouble without your passport.